APPLY TO SHOWCASE AT WIDE DAYS
If you would like to showcase at Wide Days, please ensure you meet the following criteria and then complete the application form:
- You must be based in Scotland.
- All performing musicians (+ manager if applicable) can attend an induction day on 4 March to prepare for Wide Days and subsequent opportunities. Location TBA but will be in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- All performers are able to attend the Wide Days convention on 21 April (10am-6pm).
- You have a strong live show.
- You have built a profile in your area e.g blogs/press/radio.
- You are serious about building a career in music and are in a position to take up opportunities such as touring and festival dates.
- You have press materials including a high-resolution, colour photograph and up-to-date biography.
- You are members of PRS (songwriters) and PPL (performers) or equivalent foreign collection societies by mid-February.
- You are available for media interviews and appearances.
- You will promote your showcase and will engage with the organisers to get the most from the slot.
- You will not book any other shows in Edinburgh at least 4 weeks either side of the showcase, without prior agreement with Wide Days.
- You agree to your set being filmed.
- You agree to fulfilling a free guestlist allocation of at least 75 (solo act) / 100 (band).
- £200 towards expenses.
- Food and drink rider.
- Convention ticket for each performing artist and one representative (e.g manager).
- Basic backline (upon request).
- A professional sound engineer.
- Full soundcheck.
- Dedicated promotion of showcases and participating acts including PR, social media and website.
- A full email list of all public showcase attendees.
- An induction day to prepare for Wide Days and subsequent opportunities.
Please note we are unable to provide feedback or accept applications after the deadline.
DEADLINE - MIDNIGHT MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2017.
Photos by Jannica Honey